It’s easy to count your savings when you bundle your phone with your cable and Internet service or when you bundle your burger with your fries and a drink. Did you know the same holds true for bundling your auto, home, and life insurance? Here are 5 important reasons to bundle.
1. Savings – Insurance companies are often able to give better deals when customers sign up for more than one type of insurance, such as auto, home, and life. And the more policies you add, the more you save.
2. Avoid the gap – By bundling your insurance through the same company, your agent can help indentify redundancies or gaps in your coverage. This could be especially useful in situations such as a newlywed couple trying to merge under one provider or a widower who needs to reduce his or her coverage.
3. One deductible – Some carriers allow you to pay just one deductible (the higher of the two) if more than one item is damaged during the same event. An example would be if your home and car were both damaged by a storm.
4. Streamlined process – Working with one carrier helps streamline the management of your account for payments, claims, and changes. While you may still find yourself paying separately for certain policies, most carriers try to make it as convenient as possible, even offering online or automatic payment options.
5. More discounts – Before signing on the dotted line, don’t forget to ask your agent if there are any other discounts you might qualify for. You never know!
Leave a Comment